13 ways "13" is part of my life Thursday 13
1) Recently, I lost my mother suddenly around the 13th of that month. Although, she died much much younger than we expected, she did have a lifetime of memories.So, do I.
2)Since well before the tender age of 13, I learned the mathematical definition of a "gross" from my father: the quantity of 12 dozen of something. Cool then and still now! (just call me a geek...) Especially, since 12 squared =144. (13 squared = 169. Gross is a quantitative term, not an operation.) Right now I'd love to have
3) 13 pieces of chocolate or even 144, but not eat all 144. I'd put them in our "hugs and kisses" jar and savor a few at a time. Yum! If you want my address: shipping to me is cheerfully accepted along with other chocolate old-fashioned candy,that now costs a mint.
4) To eat 144 pieces of chocolate in one sitting would make me feel "gross" and sick to my stomach. I am a healthy eater.
5)I do not suffer from the fear of the number 13, learned by my children how to pronounce and say, well before those precocious precious offspring of my heart knew the term: "Triskaidekaphobia".
6)I can ramble in more than 13 ways so the above term has nothing to do with "Triscuit" crackers. :)
7)Obviously, I'm not extra careful on Friday the 13th. It's a Friday, then which is cool, as in TGIF.
8)I've never seen the movie "Friday the 13th"nor do I have the desire to. Horror flicks are not my thing.
9)Menarch, for me, was at age 13 although
10)I'm still evolving as a woman and a human being and will
11) continue to do so all of my life
12)I wish one of my children did not feel the fact of being the physical size of a large kindergartener. Being 13 is hard enough without not being able to see the room number of your classroom over the heads of taller people,including high schoolers.
13) My first doggie as an adult lived longer than 13 people yrs. She survived easily in weather colder than 13 degrees. What a good blanket she made!
14) rebel that I am, I will need to GOOGLE why "13" is considered by so many to be unlucky. I don't believe in fate....Time to sleep and remove my 13 lb butt (not true but I like to jest) and nod off in bed, not at my computer desk.